Preparing for the midterm was a bit difficult. The questions were focused on few specific areas however since I missed allot of classes I could not be sure what the professor would focus on. I covered all the exercises and lab work done prior. I Covered recursion as thoroughly as I could.
I find recursion is widely used one way or another in programming, its a smart way to break down a problem into many small steps however with very little code. To be honest I never expected when I first started programming that a function could call itself within its own definition. I think that by far was the most difficult concept to grasp.
I also found it difficult to understand recursion. I knew the idea of it before this course and I hoped I will never have to learn it until I realized that CSC148 is all about recursion. Now I can say that the best way to understand it is practice is as much as possible.
ReplyDelete